Gaza's civil defense agency said Israeli air strikes hit two schools in Gaza City, killing more than 18 people. Meanwhile, the Israeli military said the operation was aimed at Hamas command centers.
Senior defense official Mohammad al-Mughayyir said two schools, Al-Zahra and Abdel Fattah Hamoud, in Gaza City were attacked, adding that 60 people were also wounded and more than 40 were still missing.
"This was a clear target of schools and safe civilian facilities in the Gaza Strip," he said. The Israeli military said the schools were home to Hamas command centers.

Tanks move near the Israel-Gaza border amid the conflict between Israel and Hamas. Photo: Reuters
Elsewhere in Gaza, at least 13 people were killed as the Israeli military issued the latest evacuation order for parts of the southern city of Khan Younis.
World Central Kitchen (WCK), a US-based non-profit food relief organization, said on August 8 that one of its Palestinian staff members was killed in Gaza.
WCK identified the man as Nadi Sallout and said he was killed while off duty on August 7 near Deir Al-Balah in central Gaza. In a post on X, WCK described Sallout as “an integral member of the team… and a true humanitarian.”
Tensions in the region have reached a fever pitch following the assassination of Hamas political leader Ismail Haniyeh in Tehran last week, and the assassination of Hezbollah's military commander in Beirut hours later.
Iran's acting foreign minister, Ali Bagheri, accused Israel of seeking to "expand tension, war and conflict to other countries".
Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu, speaking at a military base on August 7, said Israel was "prepared both defensively and offensively" and was "determined" to defend itself against threats.
Hoai Phuong (according to AFP, Reuters)
Source: https://www.congluan.vn/israel-tang-cuong-tan-cong-nhan-vien-tu-thien-thiet-mang-o-gaza-post307003.html
Comment (0)