On August 10, the People's Committee of Quang Trach district (Quang Binh) said it was mobilizing forces to continue fighting the forest fire in Quang Dong commune.

Previously, at around 1:00 p.m. yesterday (August 9), local people discovered a fire in a eucalyptus forest in Vinh Son village.

Upon receiving the news, leaders of Quang Trach district went to the scene to directly direct hundreds of people (including about 100 officers, employees, soldiers, and militiamen) to put out the fire.

picture 1 (2).jpg
Scene of the forest fire that broke out again this morning. Photo: CTV

Because the fire occurred in a high hilly area, the weather was hot and sunny, and the wind was strong, so the forces had difficulty in extinguishing the fire and creating a firebreak. By the evening of the same day, the fire was basically under control.

brother 2 (1).jpg
Forces are actively fighting forest fires. Photo: Contributor
picture 5.jpg
The fire spread. Photo: CTV

By this morning, dry weather and strong winds had created conditions for the fire to flare up again.

"Currently, the district is mobilizing all forces to continue fighting the fire," said a leader of the People's Committee of Quang Trach district.

image 4.jpg
The area where the forest fire occurred is on a high hill, combined with the hot sun and strong winds, making firefighting difficult. Photo: Contributor

Speaking with VietNamNet, Lieutenant Colonel Tran Ngoc Vinh, Commander of the Quang Trach District Military Command, informed that this morning, more than 200 people, including local forces, reinforced district forces, militia, police, border guards, etc., were mobilized to participate in fire fighting.

“The fire broke out again at around 7am. After actively fighting the fire, by 10am, the fire was basically under control. We are protecting the scene,” said Lieutenant Colonel Vinh.